Preface to The Aubin Academy Revit Architecture: Covers Version 2016 and beyond by Paul F. Aubin pdf.
FEATURES IN THIS EDITION The Aubin Academy: Revit Architecture combines a straightforward, reader-friendly style with detailed projectfocused exercises that encourage you to learn by doing. Readers will gain practical, firsthand experience with the powerful and popular Autodesk® Revit® Architecture software; purpose-built for Building Information Modeling (BIM), which industry leading architects and building design professionals are using to move beyond traditional Computer Aided Design (CAD) and drafting to manage complex projects, foster collaboration and boost productivity. With tools for early schematic design and planning, detailed design development studies and tools to create complete sets of deliverables including traditional construction document sets and modern digital output, Revit offers the modern architect everything they need to be successful in today’s competitive market.
Within these pages you will find a concise manual focused squarely on the rationale and practicality of creating architectural projects within the BIM paradigm. The emphasis is on proven best-practice procedures rather than a series of independent commands and tools. The goal of each lesson is to help readers complete building design projects successfully. You will find equal emphasis on “why” individual tools and features are used, not just “how” to performs the picks and clicks. The text and exercises seek to give the reader a clear sense of the value of the tools, while remaining focused on practical examples from architectural practice. The Aubin Academy: Revit Architecture provides resources designed to shorten your learning curve, raise your comfort level, and, most importantly, give you real-life, tested, and practical advice on the usage of the software to create architectural Building Information Models.
- Thorough coverage of the essential skills required to use Revit Architecture to create building design projects including: modeling tools, setting up views, composing sheets, working with design options, linked files and team collaboration with work sharing.
- The author combines his extensive experience as an educator and architectural professional with a straightforward, engaging writing style, making even complex material easier for readers to master and apply to real projects.
- Practical, project-focused exercises encourage readers to “learn by doing,” giving them a deeper understanding of the BIM process and the tools and techniques used to complete it.
- Power User/BIM Manager tips throughout the text offer readers practical insights on what is required to manage building information modeling in a modern architectural setting.
- Dataset and practice files are included with the text and available for download from the author’s website. Files are provided for each chapter, so you can skip to just the topics you need, or follow the lessons from start to finish.
- Dataset and instructions provided in both imperial and metric units.
- Check your progress by comparing your results to the completed versions provided in each chapter’s downloadable dataset.
- Use the text to help you prepare for Autodesk Professional Certification. Icons next to pertinent topic headings throughout the text help you prepare for the certification exam.
- Use the book with Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, or Autodesk® Revit® LT software.
Download The Aubin Academy Revit Architecture: Covers Version 2016 and beyond by Paul F. Aubin in free pdf format.