Residential Construction Academy – Basic Principles for Construction 3rd Edition by Mark Huthpdf.
Residential Construction Academy – Basic Principles for Construction 3rd Edition by Mark Huth | Engineering Books.
About the Book:
Residential Construction Academy Series Whether an individual chooses a career as a skilled craftsperson or is striving to become a general contractor, Basic Principles for Construction provides the necessary background for understanding the construction industry and the basic skills for learning a specific trade.
Basic Principles for Construction is an outstanding resource for new and advancing construction students or for those considering entering a construction program. This text provides a solid foundation to learn the major trade areas—carpentry, electrical wiring, HVAC, plumbing, and facilities maintenance. It introduces students to the industry—explaining how it is organized and how to successfully gain employment—and also covers the need-to-know information for the daily activities associated with working in the industry, including safety, basic math, tools, and blueprint reading.
This textbook is organized in a logical sequence that is easy to learn and teach and is divided into five major sections:
• Section 1: The Construction Industry is designed to provide students with background on the industry. It introduces students to the organization and leadership structure, as well as the importance of ethics, teamwork, and effective communications with others to successfully complete a job. In addition, a new chapter, on green building, introduces readers to green building principles and job site practices while they plan and execute their work.
• Section 2: Safety covers the all-important elements of safely working on a job site, including working with electricity, hazardous materials, scaffolding, ladders, and compressed air. It also covers OSHA regulations, practical housekeeping, and personal protective equipment to ensure safe work habits.
• Section 3: Construction Math reviews basic math skills and how to practically apply these skills on the job. Examples and practice problems are integrated into the chapters to increase student aptitude in working out various construction problems. The section concludes with a chapter on combined operations, which illustrates the necessity of having the ability to utilize several math skills in completing a single job.
• Section 4: Tools and Fasteners introduces students to the selection, use, and care of the various hand and power tools required to complete a job, as well as different types of fasteners. The section also includes a chapter on the basics of rigging as it applies to residential construction.
• Section 5: Print Reading emphasizes the elements and features of basic residential blueprints and how to accurately read them. Activities at the end of each chapter encourage students to practice their blueprint reading skills.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
The third edition continues the structure, organization, and all of the content that made the previous editions so successful; but in this edition we added content that some instructors thought was missing. Specifically, we’ve added a full-color design with new and updated photos and figures. Coverage of building codes and safe materials handling ensures readers will stay current with industry standards and trends. A new chapter, on green building, introduces students to green building principles and job site practices to plan and execute their work. In addition, all new Success Stories start off each section, and end-of-chapter summaries facilitate comprehension.
We encourage instructors and students to comment on what they like about this book and what they would like to see improved. Comments from those who use the text are our most valuable resource for continuing to make Basic Principles for Construction the best it can be.
Residential Construction Academy – Basic Principles for Construction 3rd Edition by Mark Huth | pdf free download.
Download Residential Construction Academy – Basic Principles for Construction 3rd Edition by Mark Huth in PDF Format For Free.