Numerical Modelling and Design of Electrical Machines and Devices by K. Hameyer and R, Belmans pdf.
Numerical Modelling and Design of Electrical Machines and Devices by K. Hameyer and R, Belmans free pdf download.
This book provides an overview of numerical field computational methods. Particular attention is paid to the finite element method (FEM) for the design of electrical machines and other magnetic devices.
It is based on the authors’ experience in teaching numerical techniques to undergraduates, graduates and doctoral students in courses at their own and at various international universities, e.g. guest courses at COPPE Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Université de Batna (Algeria) and the RWTH Aachen (Germany).
The numerical techniques are introduced to engineers from industry in an annual Short Course in Magnetics organised at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. This book is intended to be the basic reading material for such courses on numerical field computations as given nowadays at the Electrical Energy division in the Electrical Engineering Department of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and as guest courses at other universities.
The book describes the theoiy and techniques of modelling and simulating electromagnetic devices. While its primary focus is on the techniques applicable to the modelling of electrical machines and the electromechanical energy transducers, it also illustrates the usefulness of knowing the physical background of the specific problems. Accordingly, the right problem definitions can be applied and computed results can be interpreted and verified in a proper way.
Particular attention is paid to the FEM in designing electromagnetic devices, such as motors, actuators and transformers. This means that only frequencies below 10 kHz are considered. Several aspects of coupled fields are discussed in sections where the physical problem urges coupled solutions. The book has been written as a text book for undergraduates, graduates and engineers in practice who want to learn how to apply the fundamentals to solve electromagnetic design problems. Selected examples to develop skills to define and solve a field problem accurately are given at the end of this book. In parallel with the text for this book, an in-house software package for two dimensional and axisymmetrical FEM problems is developed to investigate the various aspects of the numerical field computation and their usefulness. Without the support of various people, this book would not appear in this shape. In the first instance we should like to thank especially Dr. U. Pahner for his contributions to the optimisation chapter. The texts from section 7.3.1 to 7.3.3 are slightly adapted parts of his excellent Ph.D. thesis.
- Fundamentals of Electric Drives by Mohamed A. El-Sharkawi free pdf download
- Basic Electrical Installation Work, Fifth Edition by Trevor Kinsley free pdf downlod
- Circuit Simulation and Analysis Paperback by Saeid Moslehpour free pdf download
- Handbook of Electric Power Calculations Third Edition By H. Wayne Beaty pdf download
- Electrical Insulation for Rotating Machines: Design, Evaluation, Aging, Testing, and Repair, 2nd Edition pdf download
- Electrical Machines By Slobodan N. Vukosavic pdf download
- A Textbook of Electrical Technology in S. I. Units Volume – IV Electronic Devices and Circuits By A.K.Theraja B.L. Theraja pdf download
- Introduction to AC machine design by Thomas A. Lipo PDF Download