Preface to Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 1: Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Switches, Encoders, Relays, Transistors by Charles Platt
At a time when information is widely and freely available in greater quantities than ever before, the reader may wonder whether The Encyclopedia of Electronic Components is really necessary.
This book is great as an introduction into Electronics. I think it’s useful to have around in case you ever want to look anything up but I was under the assumption it would be more encyclopedic whereas this is sort of like a 6th graders reference book for not any sort of actual practical referencing but just something need to look at in read. There are some chapters that are incredibly long on things like relays that, while correct and useful to people who use a lot of relays, are incredibly boring for 90% of the people that are going to be reading this book. Relay is a great device if you’re making an oven but if you’re making an oven you’re not reading this book. That is to say, the writer is very intelligent as far as electrical engineering goes however the writer is not cognizant of who he is writing to, he switches between thinking his audiences incredibly developed in their Electronics knowledge and thinking that his audience knows nothing about Electronics.
Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 1 pdf
Beginners will quickly grasp important concepts, and more experienced users will find the specific details their projects require.
- Unique: the first and only encyclopedia set on electronic components, distilled into three separate volumes Incredibly detailed: includes information distilled from hundreds of sources
- Easy to browse: parts are clearly organized by component type
- Authoritative: fact-checked by expert advisors to ensure that the information is both current and accurate
- Reliable: a more consistent source of information than online sources, product datasheets, and manufacturer’s tutorials
- Instructive: each component description provides details about substitutions, common problems, and workarounds
- Comprehensive: Volume 1 covers power, electromagnetism, and discrete semi-conductors; Volume 2 includes integrated circuits, and light and sound sources; Volume 3 covers a range of sensing devices.
Download Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 1: Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Switches, Encoders, Relays, Transistors by Charles Platt in free pdf format.