Preface to Electrical Circuit Drawings and Wiring PDF
Successfully performing electrical work requires the ability to read and interpret many different types of drawings and diagrams. Understanding circuit symbols and components is another one of the basic building blocks needed to become an electrician. If an electrician misinterprets a drawing or diagram when wiring a house, devices could be incorrectly installed or even missed altogether. Knowing how to properly take information from an electrical drawing or diagram and apply it to the real world is essential for electricians.
The student will be able to:
• Know the difference between a circuit drawing and a wiring diagram
• Understand some basic symbols for schematic drawings and wiring diagrams
• Produce a wiring diagram
• Understand the difference between different types of diagrams
• Know how to draw a basic floor plan with electrical symbols
Students will have been introduced to electrical equipment and terminology. In addition, they will understand:
• Basic electrical circuits and theory
• Branch circuit wiring
• A basic top view floor plan
Download Electrical Circuit Drawings and Wiring in free pdf format.