This book will show you everything you need to know. You’ll learn how to make all kinds of 2D action games by building your own development tools, from scratch, using low-level open-source technologies.
This book is a point-by-point round up of all the essential techniques that every game designer needs to know.
You’ll discover how to create and render game graphics, add interactivity, sound, and animation and You’ll learn how to build your own custom game engine with reusable components so that you can quickly develop games with maximum impact and minimum code.
You’ll also learn the secrets of vector math and advanced collision detection techniques, all of which are covered in a friendly and non-technical manner. You’ll find detailed working examples, with hundreds of illustrations and thousands of lines of source code that you can freely adapt for your own projects.
All the math and programming techniques are elaborately explained and examples are open-ended to encourage you to think of original ways to use these techniques in your own games. You can use what you learn in this book to make games for desktops, mobile phones, tablets or the Web.
All you need is this book, a text editor, a web browser and any old computer. No libraries, no frameworks, no game engines, no black-box mystery code, and no expensive proprietary software or licenses. And you’ll be able to publish your games cross-platform to the desktop, mobile devices, and the Web. As you’ll soon see, by writing just few hundred lines of code, you’ll be well on your way to developing any 2D video game you can imagine.
- C++ Programming: Program Design Including Data Structures Eighth Edition by D.S. Malik free pdf download
- Create Computer Games: Design and Build Your Own Game by Patrick McCabe free pdf download
- Programming Game AI by Example 1st Edition by Mat Buckland free pdf download
- 100 Excel VBA Simulations: Using Excel VBA to Model Risk, Investments, Genetics. Growth, Gambling, and Monte Carlo Analysis by Dr. Gerard M. Verschuuren pdf download
- Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development in 24 Hours Second Edition by Lauren Darcey, Shane Conder pdf download
➤Author: Rex van der Spuy
➤Size 11.8 MB