Design and Analysis of Tall and Complex Structures by Feng Fu pdf.
Design and Analysis of Tall and Complex Structures by Feng Fu.
The aim of this book is to provide engineers and students with knowledge on the design principles and analysis methods of tall and complex structures, the effective way to model these types of structures using the conventional commercial software, and the theories and design principles that underpin the relevant analysis. This book has been written to serve as a textbook for college and university students and also as a reference book for practicing engineers.
This book discuses almost all types of tall building systems and other complex structural forms such as long-span structures, tensile structures, tensegrity structures, offshore oil platforms, offshore wind turbine, etc.
It covers the structural design problems, such as lateral stability analysis, earthquake analysis, wind engineering, foundation design for tall buildings, nonlinear geometric analysis and form finding method for tensile structures and tensegrity, multiphysics modeling for fire safety, fluid structure interaction for offshore structures, etc . Another feature of this book is that most of the design principles and analysis methods are demonstrated using case studies and modeling examples of existing prestigious projects around the world, such as the tallest buildings in the world: the Jeddah Tower (the tallest building in the world) , the Twin Towers (in New York).
AIMS AND SCOPE:
In the past decade, an increasing number of tall buildings and complex structures such as the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the Bird’s Nest Stadium in Beijing, and the London Aquatic Center were built. These projects demand that the civil and structural engineers have the ability to handle the increasing difficulty in designing even more complicated projects such as tall buildings or structures with complex geometries. The effective design of these types of structures is based on a clear understanding of the behavior of the structures, relevant analysis theory and method, knowledge of effective numerical modeling software, and of specific design principles. However, it has been noticed that, in the construction industry, most structural engineers find themselves lacking the relevant knowledge. In most universities, the basic design modules are taught to students. However, it is hard to find a module that has the systematic introduction on the design and analysis of tall and complex structures. Therefore, a book in this area is imperative.
The main purpose of this book is to provide students and design practitioners detailed knowledge of advanced design and analysis methods of tall and complex structures, such as tall buildings, long-span structures, tensile structures, tensegrity structures, offshore oil platforms, and offshore wind turbines.
👇 Related books which you can also download, just click on a book you like to download it:
- Tall Building Structures: Analysis and Design Hardcover by Bryan Stafford Smith, Alex Coull pdf free download
- Tall Building Design: Steel, Concrete, and Composite Systems 1st Edition by Bungale S. Taranath pdf free download
- VLSI Architectures for Modern Error Correcting Codes by Xinmiao Zhang free pdf download
- Dynamic Soil-structure Interaction (Prentice-Hall International Series in Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics) by John P. Wolf pdf download
- Reinforced Concrete Design: A Practical Approach by Svetlana Brzev, John Pao free pdf download
- Matrix Analysis of Structural Dynamics_ Applications and Earthquake Engineering “Civil and Environmental Engineering” 1st Edition by Franklin Y. Cheng pdf
- Reinforced Concrete Design of Tall Buildings 1st Edition by Bungale S. Taranath pdf download
- Steel Designers’ Manual 6th Edition pdf download