Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook:2nd (Second) edition by Edward G. Nawy.
A great need has existed for an in-depth handbook on concrete construction engineering and technology that can assist the constructor in making correct technical judgments in the various areas of constructed systems. This Handbook is intended to fill this very need. This edition is completely updated and includes ten new chapters written by leading experts on various topics dealing with the state of the art in several newly developed areas of concrete construction and design engineering. All chapters treat their particular subjects with extensive detail and depth of discussion, a feature that is lacking in any comparable texts. Also, each chapter provides selected references for the user to consult for further research beyond the scope of the Handbook. The topics covered here are state-of-the-art statements regarding what the design engineer and the constructor should know about concrete, the most versatile material of the 21st century.
These topics can be grouped into five categories:
1. Latest advances in engineered concrete materials, including concrete constituents, high-performance concretes, the design of mixtures for both normal- and high-strength concretes, and special concrete applications such as architectural concrete
2. Reinforced concrete construction, including recommendations on the vast array of types of constructed facilities, long-term effects on behavior and performance such as creep and shrinkage, construction loading effects, formwork and falsework proportioning, and automation in construction
3. Specialized construction, such as prestressed concrete construction in buildings and transportation facilities; construction and proportioning of structures in seismic zones (including the latest provisions of the 2006 International Building Code on the design of structures in high-seismicity zones); masonry construction; heavy concrete construction, such as roller-compacted concrete;
and concrete marine structures, such as offshore platforms concrete
4. Design recommendations for high performance, including deflection reduction in buildings, proportioning of concrete structural elements by the latest ACI 318-08 Building Code, prefabricated precasting, geotechnical and foundation engineering, nondestructive evaluation of long-term structural performance, and structural concrete repair, retrofit, and rehabilitation 5. Specialized topics on new materials, such as engineered concrete composites, geopolymer concrete, equipment for concrete building construction, joints in concrete structures, design of precast seismic bracing systems, detailed design of fiber-reinforced polymers (FRP), and aesthetics in longspan bridge construction
The 37 contributors to this new edition of the Handbook are leading authorities in the field, with a combined professional practice of at least 1200 years. All of them are national or international leaders in research, design, and construction. This Handbook is the only publication in this category that has in a single chapter a summary of all concrete design expressions in accordance with the latest ACI 318-08 Building Code for flexure, shear, torsion, strut-and-tie design of corbels and deep beams, compression, long-term effects, slender columns, and development of reinforcement. Both PI (in.-lb) and SI formats are provided. A design office will be able to quickly review all of the latest requirements for structural concrete. This Handbook should enable designers, constructors, educators, and field personnel to produce the best and most durably engineered constructed facilities. It is for these professionals that this Handbook was written in the hope that the wealth of the most up-to-date knowledge embodied in this comprehensive work will provide, in this dynamic century, vastly better, more efficient, and longer enduring constructed concrete.
From Back Cover:
Concrete is one of the most versatile materials of this century and for the next millennium. The Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook, Second Edition, provides in-depth coverage of concrete construction engineering and technology. It features state-of-the-art discussions on what design engineers and constructors need to know about concrete, focusing on:
• The latest advances in engineered concrete materials.
• Reinforced and prestressed concrete construction.
• Specialized construction techniques – Design recommendations for high performance In the second edition of the Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook, designers, constructors, educators, and field personnel will learn how to produce the best and most durably engineered constructed facilities.
• Encompasses the vital topics necessary for the engineering construction of concrete facilities as well as in-depth coverage of fiber-reinforced plastics (FRP), a new chapter on engineered cementitious composites (ECC), and an extensive new chapter on equipment for building construction.
• Includes more than 1,100 tables, charts, graphs, and illustrations presenting many applications in both construction of systems and proportioning materials of construction.
• Addresses problems often faced in the design office and in the field pertaining to concrete construction technology, including information on material behavior, design of concrete mixtures, long-term behavior, and high performance qualities of constructed systems.
• Covers the latest requirements for structural concrete in accordance with the ACI 318-08 Building Code for flexure, shear, torsion, compression, long-term effects, long columns, and development of reinforcement, as well as the latest IBC 1997 provisions and examples on earthquake design and construction, including the design of precast concrete seismic bracing systems
• Provides in its 36 chapters indispensable information for design engineers, construction engineers, field personnel, researchers in materials, and civil engineering undergraduate and graduate students.
• Supplies extensive references at the end of each chapter that direct you to further information on specialized topics The 37 contributors are world-class leaders in research, design, and construction with a combined professional practice of more than 1,200 years. The wealth of up to-date knowledge they provide allows you to develop concrete systems that are vastly better, more efficient, and longer enduring.
Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook Second Edition by Edward G. Nawy.
Other Books You May Also Like:
- Composite Construction in Steel and Concrete VI by Roberto T. Leon; Tiziano Perea; Gian Andrea Rassati; and Jorg Lange pdf download
- Design of Concrete Structures fourteenth edition by Arthur Nilson pdf download
- Steel Designers’ Manual 6th Edition pdf download
- Precast Concrete Structures Second Edition by Kim S.Elliott pdf download
- Structural Design of Steelwork to EN 1993 and EN 1994, Third Edition free pdf download
- Design of Structural Elements Third Edition By Chanakya Arya free pdf download
- Structural Vibration: Analysis and Damping 1st Edition by C. Beards free pdf download