Components of internal combustion engine
This article is targeted at the common type of automobile engine “internal combustion engine”. As you know an automobile engine is built with different components with different sizes having their various intended functions.
Internal Combustion Engine aka IC Engine is a heat engine which works on either the Otto cycle or diesel cycle.
In this type of engine, the combustion of the fuel occurred inside the engine. And produced thrust which applies to some components of the Engine.
Also, these thrusts, or force produces a vertical or horizontal movement on the components. By this process, chemical energy is converted to mechanical energy.
- 📓 Engine Valve: Definition, Types, Construction, and Working Explained in detail
- 📓 How a Car Engine Works “Understanding an Automotive Engine” PDF Download
- 📓 Car Engine Parts, Names, Functions & Diagrams PDF Download
- 📓 Different Parts of the Engine and their Function Explained in detail PDF Download
Parts of an IC Engine with their Functions:
An Internal Combustion Engine consists of several important parts, and those are:
- Cylinder Head
- Piston Ring
- Gudgeon pin or Piston Pin
- Connecting Rod
- Small End and Big End Bearing
- Crank Shaft
- Cam Shaft
- Crank Case
- Valves or Ports
- Push Rod
- Rocker Arm
- Spark Plug or Fuel Injector
- Cooling Jackets or Fins
Download pdf on Components of internal combustion engine.