Boatowner ’s Illustrated Electrical Handbook Second Edition By Charlie Wing.
1. Basic DC Circuits
2. DC Measurements
6. DC Standards and Practices
7. AC Basics
8. Inverters and Generators
9. AC Standards and Practices
10. Conservation for Liveaboards
11. Solar Power
12. Wind Power
13. Installing Electronics
14. Do-It-Yourself Projects
Since I have used Charlie Wing’s first edition of the Boatowner’s Illustrated Electrical Handbook as a text for some of my electrical courses over the years, I am quite familiar with its contents. I’ve just finished reviewing the second edition and can say without reservation that it is more than just an update. The diagrams are dramatically improved and the topics covered are really comprehensive, just what’s needed in today’s world of ever increasing complexity on newer boats.
This second edition is perfect for learning how your boat’s electrical system and much of its equipment works, and it will be an invaluable guide when adding equipment as well. Further, Charlie Wing has remained faithful to the recommendation and application of the standards for installation and equipment as set forth by the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC). As the senior technical instructor for the ABYC and its curriculum designer I really appreciate the effort throughout the book to advise the reader on how to make repairs and modifications to his or her boat and remain compliant with the most recognized design and repair standards for recreational boats in the world. We at the ABYC know full well that adherence to these standards make a better, safer boat.
I have already begun recommending this second edition to my students and seminar participants, and will continue to do so. This book needs to be in every boater’s library as a ready reference on how to make effective repairs and modifications that comply with ABYC standards. Ed Sherman
You May Also Like:
- Electrical Installation Calculations: Basic 9th Edition by Christopher Kitcher free pdf download
- Basic Electrical Installation Work, Fifth Edition by Trevor Kinsley free pdf downlod
- Electrical installation handbook – Volume 2 – Electrical devices 2nd edition free pdf
- Power over Ethernet Interoperability by Sanjaya Maniktala pdf download
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering 1st Edition by Charles A. Gross, Thaddeus A. Roppel pdf download