Analog and Digital Signal Processing Second Edition by Ashok Ambardar.
2 ANALOG SIGNALS
3 DISCRETE SIGNALS
4 ANALOG SYSTEMS
5 DISCRETE-TIME SYSTEMS
6 CONTINUOUS CONVOLUTION
7 DISCRETE CONVOLUTION
8 FOURIER SERIES
9 THE FOURIER TRANSFORM
11 THE LAPLACE TRANSFORM
12 APPLICATIONS OF THE LAPLACE TRANSFORM
13 ANALOG FILTERS
14 SAMPLING AND QUANTIZATION
15 THE DISCRETE-TIME FOURIER TRANSFORM
16 THE DFT AND FFT
17 THE z-TRANSFORM
18 APPLICATIONS OF THE z-TRANSFORM
19 IIR DIGITAL FILTERS
20 FIR DIGITAL FILTERS
21 MATLAB EXAMPLES
PREFACE: In keeping with the goals of the first edition, this second edition of Analog and Digital Signal Processing is geared to junior and senior electrical engineering students and stresses the fundamental principles and applications of signals, systems, transforms, and filters. The premise is to help the student think clearly in both the time domain and the frequency domain and switch from one to the other with relative ease. The text assumes familiarity with elementary calculus, complex numbers, and basic circuit analysis.
This edition has undergone extensive revision and refinement, in response to reviewer comments and to suggestions from users of the first edition (including students). Major changes include the following:
1. At the suggestion of some reviewers, the chapters have been reorganized. Specifically, continuous and discrete aspects (that were previously covered together in the first few chapters) now appear in separate chapters. This should allow instructors easier access to either sequential or parallel coverage of analog and discrete signals and systems.
2. The material in each chapter has been pruned and streamlined to make the book more suited as a textbook. We highlight the most important concepts and problem-solving methods in each chapter by including boxed review panels. The review panels are reinforced by discussions and worked examples. Many new figures have been added to help the student grasp and visualize critical concepts.
3. New application-oriented material has been added to many chapters. The material focuses on how the theory developed in the text finds applications in diverse fields such as audio signal processing, digital audio special effects, echo cancellation, spectrum estimation, and the like.
4. Many worked examples in each chapter have been revised and new ones added to reinforce and extend key concepts. Problems at the end of each chapter are now organized into “Drill and Reinforcement”, “Review and Exploration”, and “Computation and Design” and include a substantial number of new problems. The computation and design problems, in particular, should help students appreciate the application of theoretical principles and guide instructors in developing projects suited to their own needs.
5. The Matlab-based software supplied with the book has been revised and expanded. All the routines have been upgraded to run on the latest version (currently, v5) of both the professional edition and student edition of Matlab, while maintaining downward compatibility with earlier versions.
6. The Matlab appendices (previously at the end of each chapter) have been consolidated into a separate chapter and substantially revamped. This has allowed us to present integrated application-oriented examples spanning across chapters in order to help the student grasp important signal-processing concepts quickly and effectively. Clear examples of Matlab code based on native Matlab routines, as well as the supplied routines, are included to help accelerate the learning of Matlab syntax.
7. A set of new self-contained, menu-driven, graphical user interface (GUI) programs with point-and-click features is now supplied for ease of use in visualizing basic signal processing principles and concepts. These GUIs require no experience in Matlab programming, and little experience with its syntax, and thus allow students to concentrate their efforts on understanding concepts and results. The programs cover signal generation and properties, time-domain system response, convolution, Fourier series, frequency response and Bode plots, analog filter design, and digital filter design. The GUIs are introduced at the end of each chapter, in the “Computation and Design” section of the problems. I am particularly grateful to Craig Borghesani, Terasoft, Inc. (http://world.std.com/!borg/) for his help and Matlab expertise in bringing many of these GUIs to fruition.
This book has profited from the constructive comments and suggestions of the following reviewers:
• Professor Khaled Abdel-Ghaffar, University of California at Davis
• Professor Tangul Basar, University of Illinois
• Professor Martin E. Kaliski, California Polytechnic State University
• Professor Roger Goulet, Universit´e de Sherbrooke
• Professor Ravi Kothari, University of Cincinnati
• Professor Nicholas Kyriakopoulos, George Washington University
• Professor Julio C. Mandojana, Mankato State University
• Professor Hadi Saadat, Milwaukee School of Engineering
• Professor Jitendra K. Tugnait, Auburn University
• Professor Peter Willett, University of Connecticut
Here, at Michigan Technological University, it is also our pleasure to acknowledge the following:
• Professor Clark R. Givens for lending mathematical credibility to portions of the manuscript
• Professor Warren F. Perger for his unfailing help in all kinds of TEX-related matters
• Professor Tim Schulz for suggesting some novel DSP projects, and for supplying several data files Finally, at PWS Publishing, Ms Suzanne Jeans, Editorial Project Manager, and the editorial and production staff (Kirk Bomont, Liz Clayton, Betty Duncan, Susan Pendleton, Bill Stenquist, Jean Thompson, and Nathan Wilbur), were instrumental in helping meet (or beat) all the production deadlines.
We would appreciate hearing from you if you find any errors in the text or discover any bugs in the software. Any errata for the text and upgrades to the software will be posted on our Internet site.
Analog and Digital Signal Processing 2nd Edition by Ashok Ambardar pdf.
⏩Edition: 2nd edition
⏩Author: Ashok Ambardar
⏩Publisher: Cengage Learning; 2 edition (February 12, 1999)
⏩Puplication Date: February 12, 1999
⏩Size: 7.88 MB
Download Analog and Digital Signal Processing Second Edition by Ashok Ambardar in pdf format for free.