An Engineers Guide to MATLAB: With Applications from Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Civil, and Biological Systems Engineering by Edward B Magrab pdf.
An Engineers Guide to MATLAB: With Applications from Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Civil, and Biological Systems Engineering 3rd Edition by Edward B Magrab pdf.
2 Vectors and Matrices
3 Data Input/Output
4 Program Flow Control
5 Function Creation and Selected MATLAB Functions
6 2D Graphics
7 3D Graphics
8 Engineering Statistics
9 Dynamics and Vibrations
10 Control Systems
11 Fluid Mechanics
12 Heat Transfer
14 Biological Systems: Transport of Heat, Mass, and Electric Charge
NEW TO THE EDITION
• Text was revised and tested throughout for the latest version of the software: release 2009a
• A new chapter has been added: Biological Systems: Transport of Heat, Mass, and Electric Charge
• 25% increase in number of examples, exercises, and Matlab functions
• Range of applications increased to include biology and electrical engineering
• Chapter 5 Function Creation and Selected Matlab Functions now includes the delay differential equations solver (dde23) and the one-dimensional parabolicelliptic partial differential equations solver (pdepe).
• Expanded coverage in Chapter 9 Vibrations gives a wider range of applications.
• Chapter 13 Optimization has been expanded to demonstrate the use of the new Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search toolbox.
We have also created additional resources for the instructor and for the user.In addition to a solution manual that is available to instructors, we also provide a set of PowerPoint slides covering the material presented in Chapters 1–7.
The primary goal of this book is to enable the reader to generate readable, compact, and verifiably correct MATLAB programs that obtain numerical solutions to a wide range of physical and empirical models and display the results with fully annotated graphics.
The book can be used in several ways:
• To learn MATLAB
• As a companion to engineering texts
• As a reference for obtaining numerical solutions to a wide range of engineering problems
• As a source of applications of a wide variety of MATLAB solution techniques
The level of the book assumes that one has some fluency in calculus, linear algebra, and engineering mathematics, can employ the engineering approach to problem solving, and has some experience in using mathematical models to predict the response of elements, devices, and systems. These qualities play an important role in creating programs that function correctly.
The book has two interrelated parts. The first part consists of Chapters 1–7, which introduces the fundamentals of MATLAB syntax and commands and structured programming techniques. The second part, consisting of Chapters 8–14, makes extensive use of the first seven chapters to obtain numerical solutions to engineering problems for a wide range of topics. In several of these topical areas, MATLAB toolboxes are used extensively to minimize programming complexity so that one can obtain numerical solutions to engineering problems of varying degrees of difficulty. In particular, we illustrate the use of the Controls toolbox in Chapters 9 and 10, Simulink in Chapter 10, the Optimization toolbox in Chapter 13, the Statistics toolbox in Chapter 8, and the Symbolic toolbox in Chapters 1–5 and 9.
Download An Engineers Guide to MATLAB: With Applications from Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Civil, and Biological Systems Engineering Third Edition by Edward B Magrab in free pdf format.