Preface to Basis Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering
This book is intended to serve as an introduction to the principles and techniques used in the field of chemical, petroleum, and environmental engineering.
It lays a foundation of certain information and skills that can be repeatedly employed in sub-sequent courses as well as in professional life.
A good introductory book to chemical engineering principles and calculations should
(1) explain the fundamental concepts in not too stilted language together with generous use of appropriate equations and diagrams; (2) provide sufficient examples
with detailed solutions to clearly illustrate (1);
(3) present ideas in small packages
that are easily identified as part of a larger framework;
(4) include tests and answers that enable the reader to evaluate his or her accomplishments; and
(5) provide the instructor with a wide selection of problems and questions to evaluate student competence. All of these features have been built into the fifth edition.
Contents of Basis Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering
- Introduction to Engineering Calculations. Materials Balances.
- Gases, Vapors, Liquids, and Solids.
- Energy Balances.
- Solving Material and Energy Balances via Computer Codes.
- Unsteady-State Material and Energy Balances
Download Contents of Basis Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering in PDF Format For Free.