Essential spreadsheet for steel design. Due to its form, easy input and clear output it reduces time required for designing steel members. It includes lateral torsional buckling check therefore is a comprehensive and an important tool for structural engineers.
This spreadsheet performs an analysis and design of simply supported and cantilever, steel beams bending about their X-X axis and subjected to gravity loads. Beams can be either with full restraint or without full restraint. Design is in accordance with BS 5950-1:1990. Bending moments, shear forces and deflections are computed at 1/60th positions along the span and the maximums of these values are used for the design
also The equations for the analysis have been obtained from the Reinforced Concrete Designer’s Handbook by Reynolds and Steedman.
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- – Quick summary of utilization factors,
- – Loading options: UDL, 2x Partial UDL, 2x Point Load;
- – ‘Live’ Loading diagram,
- – Change between deflection for Dead Load + Imposed Load or Imposed Load only;
- – Changeable safety factors;
- – Design is based on British Standard (BS 5950:1 2000)- Change steel grade: S275, S355, S460;
- – Supported steel sections: UC, UB, PFC;
- – Design for Lateral Torsional Buckling (LTB) based on effective length;
Analysis and Design of Steel Beams According to BS Spreadsheet Download