Preface of Handbook of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations by Frank R. Spellman
The growing interest in water and wastewater treatment plant operations and their main products (potable water and cleaned used water), ongoing advancements in treatment techniques and innovations such as energy conservation measures, and the unprecedented reception of the first and second editions of this book have called for a new edition.
After publication of the previous editions, many reviewers sent me their comments. I am grateful for their constructive criticism and valuable suggestions and have incorporated them in this new edition. For example, this edition includes the addition of
• Updates on current issues facing the water and
wastewater treatment industries
• 200 additional math operations with solutions
• A new chapter on package units
• Expanded discussion of oxidation ditches
• Expanded discussion of biological nutrient removal processes
• Discussion of water quality reports
• New chapter on energy conservation measures with applicable case studies
• Discussion of membrane bioreactors
• Discussion of variable frequency controls
• Discussion of PID control systems
• Expanded discussion of ultraviolet disinfection
In addition to assisting utility administrators, managers, and directors; water and wastewater plant managers; plant operators; and maintenance operators manage or operate their treatment works in a successful and compliant manner, this new edition (as was the purpose of the other editions) is designed to aid and assist all personnel preparing for all levels of operator licensure.
Download Handbook of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations in free pdf format.