Journal of Building Information Modeling (JBIM) – Fall 2009.
ArchiCAD introduces a revolutionary new technology to share BIM projects for design and documentation teams of any size, both within the office and through the Internet. Industry-first Delta ServerTM technology reduces network traffic to a minimum for instant and reliable data-exchange. Continuous productivity improvements provide users with best-in-class model based design and documentation workflow.
While Building Information Modeling (BIM), sometimes more accurately described as virtual design and construction (VDC), is rapidly gaining traction in the architecture, engineering and construction industry (AEC). The industry is far from capturing the full value of BIM/VDC and the innovative practices emanating from BIM that will stimulate a much discussed industry transformation. Still lacking is: The integration of multiple domains and project stakeholders; Early access to information in support of the decision making process; and The ability to manage and mitigate project risks. The broader value of BIM will require collaboration among all project stakeholders, early and continuous management of project risks and value planning, and engineering. This article describes value planning, coupled with an ongoing Risk Management Program at The Lower Manhattan Construction Command Center (LMCCC). It involves the use and implementation of BIM/VDC to facilitate risk modeling and management on the reconstruction at the World Trade Center (WTC) site, and is an example of the extension of BIM into a truly integrated practice. It is a revealing case of the potential applications of BIM that will collectively result in broad industry change.
BIM as a Risk Management Platform Enabling Integrated Practice and Delivery.
You May Also Like:
- Project Management in Construction By Dennis Lock
- Fundamentals of Construction Estimating Third Edition by David J. Pratt
- Project Scheduling Handbook 1st Edition by Jonathan F. Hutching
- An Introduction to EXCEL for Civil Engineers From engineering theory to Excel practice
- Engineering Drawing from First Principles Using AutoCAD 1st Edition by Dennis E. Maguire
- Estimating Building Costs for the Residential and Light Commercial Construction Professional, 2nd Edition by Wayne J. Del Pico free pdf download
- BIM Handbook: A Guide to Building Information Modeling for Owners, Managers, Designers, Engineers and Contractors 2nd Edition free pdf download
- BIM Handbook A Guide to Building Information Modeling for Owners, Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Contractors free pdf download