Basic Electrical Installation Work, Fifth Edition by Trevor Kinsley.
UNIT 1 – Working effectively and safely in the electrotechnical environment
Chapter 1 The legal responsibilities of both employers and employees
Chapter 2 The occupational specialisms and individual roles within the electrotechnical industry
Chapter 3 Sources of technical information and communications
UNIT 2 – Principles of electrotechnology
Chapter 4 Basic electrotechnical units and theory
Chapter 5 Basic scientifi c concepts in electrotechnology
Chapter 6 Basic electrical circuits and cables
Chapter 7 Tools and equipment used for electrotechnical applications
UNIT 3 – Application of health and safety and electrical principles
Chapter 8 Safe systems of working
Chapter 9 Using technical information
Chapter 10 Alternating current theory and electrical machines
Chapter 11 Polyphase or three-phase electrical systems
Chapter 12 Overcurrent, short circuit and earth fault protection
UNIT 4 – Installation (buildings and structures)
Chapter 13 Statutory regulations and codes of practice
Chapter 14 Electrical installations and wiring systems
The 5th Edition of Basic Electrical Installation Work has been completely rewritten in 14 Chapters to closely match the 14 Outcomes of the City and Guilds qualifi cation. The technical content has been revised and updated to the requirements of the new 17th Edition of the IEE Regulations BS 7671: 2008. Improved page design with new coloured illustrations give greater clarity to each topic.
This book of electrical installation theory and practice will be of value to the electrical trainee working towards:
● The City and Guilds 2330 Level 2 Certifi cate in Electrical Technology, Installation Route.
● The City and Guilds 2356 Level 2 NVQ in Installing Electrotechnical Systems.
● The SCOTVEC and BTEC Electrical Utilisation Units at Levels I and II.
● Those taking Engineering and modern Apprenticeship Courses.
Basic Electrical Installation Work provides a sound basic knowledge of electrical practice which other trades in the construction industry will fi nd of value, particularly those involved in multi-skilling activities.
The book incorporates the requirements of the latest Regulations, particularly:
● 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
● British Standards BS 7671: 2008.
● Part P of the Building Regulation, Electrical Safety in Dwellings: 2006.
● Hazardous Waste Regulations: 2005.
● Work at Height Regulations: 2005.
You May Also Like:
- Electrical installation handbook – Volume 2 – Electrical devices 2nd edition free pdf
- Download Electric Wiring for Domestic Installers 18th Edition by Brian Scaddan free PDF
- Reactive Power Compensation A Practical Guide By Wolfgang Hofmann, Jurgen Schlabbach and Wolfgang Justauth free pdf download
- Download The Electronics Handbook free pdf
Download Basic Electrical Installation Work, Fifth Edition by Trevor Kinsley in free pdf format.